The retro project was based on a coupe of words we picked out of random as a group, the result of the words we picked was.
The Attack of the Horrible Bicker from the Black Lagoon.
its a bit lengthy but am sure we can make it work.
here is the sites URL: http://retroincorporated.blogspot.com/
check it out ;)
the other project is a character design project and we had our first day with the illustrator Justin wyatt.
and he talked about the rules of character design.
mr. wyatt talked about certain things in a characters that is usely familiar
and when you really think about it, its really noticeable.
you can always tell who the evil person in a Disney film: they share the common features.
- pale skin (lilac, light pink)
- resembles animal
- dark clothing. (purples, black, blood red)
- strong posture
- Iver tall or wide physic
- long eyelids
- over extended features ( chin, nose, fingers, natural facial expression)
with these rules used in the correct way a successfully villain can be easyly created.
- Sidekicks can have any sort of shape. (shape that suits there personalty the most)
- they are the most animated this with in the cartoon, ( like slap stick)
- natural colors help the sidekick not stand out too much but just enough for the animation
- eyes of the Sidekick are large to create more facial expression when being animated
- thin characters are used to bring flexibility for the animation
- the bigger the character, or greater in strength the dumber the character.
heroes are usely all the same, because they have to be heroes
- good posture