time Machine Silhouettes

well ive been trying to get my head around trying to make a time machine and was really struggling with it, Alan suggested that i should look at a different way of creating the time machine intsed of just looking at pictures for refrences i should look at the shadows and peace them together.




so i had taken random machinial - steampunk themed pictures and turned them into silhouettes on photoshop, i then rubbed some of the egdes out and added my own shapes to make a time machine shaped silhouette.









i have five different sihouettes, are there any favorties?



4 comments:

  1. Thats a nice technique, I quite like top right and very bottom but the strongest to me is 2 down on the left. I can see this sci-fi and steam punk merge. It looks like a craft and technical yet simple! Also the disc I could see as this mechanism that is the key part of the time machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D thanks Jack for the feed back, Tom.b said he liked the disk one aswel but it looks alot like the original time machine from the film... i didn't want to go there but i ended up doing it without even know. thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the disc one too, Godwin! Don't be intimidated by the similarity; the disc works, not because it reminds us of the original, but rather because it just 'works'. I'd go with it and move it onwards. This technique has really worked for you - more please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok the disk on it is. i cant really move foeward until my mac is back from the apple store, and am stuck with this hunk of junk *_* sad times, so ill be up early thanks for the feed back phil :)

    ReplyDelete